Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Opening

I chose the title for this blog to be "A Shattered Image" because of how aware I am that, as an image bearer of God, I am a fallen man and have shattered that image. My hope is to post ideas, life observations and to discuss the things of God and bring to mind that faith is so much more than just a simple profession. I do not believe that salvation comes from something as simple as an alter call, a one time reciting of a simple prayer or any other simple outward act. I absolutely think conversion includes those things, but unless my faith is genuine, unless my faith bears fruit, then my faith is dead. And a dead faith is the same as no faith at all.

I have to admit that I began this blog as the result of the death of a close colleague of mine. His death was completely sudden and as a Christian sister reminded me, death seems to put everything in perspective. I know I will die one day and I understand that it could be at any moment, yet because of my faith in Christ I do not fear death. Still, when death strikes so close and so unexpectedly it really got me thinking about my faith. Not that my faith is waivering, rather I am thinking more along the lines of the fruit that it bears and just how important that is.

God willing, in the coming days, weeks and months, we can engage in meaningful discussions and strip away the fog that our enemy clouds our eyes with and shed some light to truly understand what the Gospel is really all about.

No comments: