Monday, March 09, 2009

Funding Embryonic Stem Cell Research

As promised, today the President lifted the ban on the federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.

We can debate the morality of this all day, but as I've said in the past (and the same goes for abortion), it's not whether you think the destruction of embryos is worth the potential discoveries. The big argument is do we want our tax dollars FUNDING THIS! I do not.

News flash: Embryonic stem cell research is NOT illegal. The companies doing the research can destroy all the embryos they want. The previous ban WAS NOT a ban on the research, it was a ban on federal tax dollars going to fund the research.

I am against this in all forms because I believe personhood begins at conception. That is my stance on the issue and I do not want my tax dollars going to fund it, the same way I do not want my tax dollars funding abortions. Why is our government in this business?

No comments: