Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Responding to AARP - Eddie Style!

It's my first post of the year! There has been a lot happening in the world of politics, but I'm not going to write about every little things going on out there. I focus mostly on pro-life issues, constitutional rights such as freedom of speech and religion, and creation science. But I couldn't pass up this one.

My birthday was on December 19th and I turned 49 years old. Then somewhat unexpectedly, only 16 days later, IT came in the mail. IT is the dreaded AARP membership letter. Honestly I could care less about my age and even if there was a brief wince when I saw the letter, that quickly subsided because I know AARP could care less about the age of their members. They want the membership dues and to sell seniors medicare gap insurance. It's money that drives them.

If you keep up with politics you know AARP is a very left leaning organization. I'm not going to go into all of the facts of this, you can do the research and decide for yourself. For me though, I would never join this organization. So when I received the membership letter I knew right away that this deserved more than just tearing it up and tossing it! So I thought I would document how to do it Eddie style.

Ah yes, the dreaded letter.



The contents. The membership form showing all of the sweet benefits, the coveted AARP membership card and of course the postage paid return envelop.



Here is what they will receive when they open the envelop. The AARP card meticulously cut into strips and a heart felt note from (tee-hee) moi.



And it comes back to them in the same unsuspecting way they sent it to me. Postage paid.

No comments: