Thursday, November 05, 2009

Psychics - What's The Harm? It's All Just For Fun

I read this article Crystal Ball Boom:Psychics, Tarot Card Readers Profit in Tough Economy

Fortune-tellers, tarot card readers and psychics are reporting an uptick in business during the current economic downturn as people look for guidance, employment advice and a window into their personal economic future.

Where do I start? It saddens me. I find it sad that people purposefully turn away from God and look to these people for help and guidance. I don't get it. He's the One who spoke into the chaos and gave it order. And it was good! He longs for us to trust Him. He knows best. Believe me I know this first hand. Just ask me sometime.

Additionally, no Christian should ever, EVER seek out someone like this:

"You shall have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:3

"Don't dabble in the occult or traffic with mediums; you'll pollute your souls. I am God, your God." Leviticus 19:31

"I will also turn against those who commit spiritual prostitution by putting their trust in mediums or in those who consult the spirits of the dead. I will cut them off from the community." Leviticus 20:6

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." Matthew 7:15

No comments: