Monday, November 02, 2009

Updated: The Guilt Of An (Ex) Abortionist

Read this article: Planned Parenthood Director Leaves, Has Change of Heart and be sure to watch the accompanying video as well.

While I think this woman's decision is the right one and I am very thankful for it, the report leaves me wanting more. From what I understand, the straw that broke the camels back was based on her not liking the new "business model" of Planned Parenthood. Because of the economic downturn, Planned Parenthood executives were de-emphasizing pregnancy prevention to one that encouraged abortion. I personally do not think that their business model was anything other than a "cha-ching" abortion mill, buuuuut that's just me.

Honestly I would have preferred it if her change of heart was in fact caused because she finally couldn't take being part of such a monstrous act, realizing that abortion was abhorrent and sinful. She did say that she felt like all of the guilt is gone, so she must have felt guilty over something. Was it the practice of abortion alone or the emphasis on the new business model? But I won't complain about what did it for her, I will celebrate the fact she saw the light.

One last observation; what was Planned Parenthood's reaction to this? They are suing her and issuing a restraining order! Something having to do with client confidentiality. Whatever.

UPDATE: Here is a better article that puts the decision in a more understandable light.

No comments: