Friday, February 20, 2009

The Fairness Doctrine: President Obama's Decision

I was glad to read yesterday that the President is against the Fairness Doctrine. But, I'm still skeptical. Why? First, it was not a quote directly from the President, or by his press secretary, his chief of staff or any other high ranking official in the white hose. Rather it was reported to come from an unnamed white house spokesperson. After all, it is the President who says that he supports the traditional definition of marriage of being a union between one man and one woman, yet supported California's Prop 8. He also says he is a follower of Jesus Christ and honors all life, but is the most pro-abortion liberal ever. So excuse me if I am not impressed by this news.

The Wall Street Journal had a good Op-Ed piece called Mr. President, Keep The Airwaves Free, written by Rush Limbaugh. I am not a Rush listener, but I do agree with most of his views when I come across them. It's worth a read.

No comments: